2018 Comparison of Leading SEO Tools
A Review of Screaming Frog, Beam Us Up, Seomator, and other alternative tools.
In previous years, Moz and Google Analytics tools largely dominated the SEO scene. Now, however, more SEO tools have cropped up offering unique insights, administrative interface, data analytics, crawlers, and keyword tools. After evaluating our own SEO tools, and comparing them to new alternatives, here’s a review of current systems that can help you become more visible on Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other web browsers.
- Free or $149 Annual Fee
- Crawls the website completely - Screaming Frog only crawls the complete website if you have paid the annual fee, otherwise the free version of Screaming Frog crawls 500 pages.
- Gives a full view of any website - from how many pages the website has, to how well meta titles and descriptions are optimized for search engines.
- Learning curve - Screaming Frog, to anyone who is new with the system, will take some getting used to as you learn to operate their interface and correctly assign meaning to data.
Learn more about Bear Group’s custom Screaming Frog website integrations.
- Free crawl - without limits.
- Can crawl any website, even those that are still in development or are not indexed.
- Presents valuable insights on website and user security, but is less of an SEO tool.
- Free crawl - without limits
- Finds errors easily.
- Can export to excel.
- Sorts out duplicate site pages.
- Easy configuration and advanced organization option (can crawl individual parts of site).
- The feature set is less diverse than what other crawler tools offer.
- Can detect most content and indexing issues.
- Has been known to take longer to generate reports when tackling larger websites.
- Offers the typical administrative capabilities of most crawlers.
- You can generate custom reports.
- The crawl summary is easy to interpret and easy to access.
- As of the date this review was written, Webbee’s desktop tool is only available for Windows.
- Provides rank tracking of your own website (similar to Moz).
- The site auditor checks factors of website performance, ensuring that nothing is preventing your website from being indexed or costing your website SEO opportunities.
- Provides resources for backlink management.
- Feature set is not as robust as other SEO crawlers.